Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, Professional Environmental Engineers, Inc. (PE) is a full-
service environmental consulting firm that specializes in providing cost-effective environmental
solutions for both government and commercial clientele. PE is seeking a full time Environmental
Engineer to become part of the company’s Engineering Division and support a wide variety of
projects, ranging from sampling groundwater at a formerly used missile site to the remediation
and cleanup of former dry cleaner. PE is seeking a dynamic individual capable of working with a
team of professionals. The ideal candidate will meet all of the minimum requirements listed
• Provide office and field support on a variety of environmental services including Phase I
and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, CERCLA/RCRA investigations,
environmental remediation, and environmental compliance inspections.
• Develop work plans, health and safety plans, field sampling plans, and sampling and
• Prepare soil boring logs, cross-sections, contour maps, well schematics, and site maps.
• Perform sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil vapor, and air and
other field related tasks.
• Prepare written reports, tables, spreadsheets, and maps for client and regulatory
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (environmental, civil, chemical, geological,
geotechnical, or industrial) with an environmental emphasis.
• 5 years of related work experience
• EIT is preferred
• Knowledge of geologic principles and local geologic framework, including the ability to
independently identify local soil types using USCS or equivalent soil classification system
and correlate site geology to regional geologic framework.
• Knowledge of environmental regulatory programs including but not limited to federal
programs such as CERCLA, RCRA, and NEPA and state programs such as Missouri Risk
Based Corrective Action (MRBCA) and the Illinois Site Remediation Program (SRP).
• Experience reading, interpreting, and applying standard engineering techniques,
procedures and criteria to ensure compliance with safety and environmental
• Computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS and AutoCAD (preferred).
• Strong technical writing and technical presentation skills.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills to provide effective intra and inter-
discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with clients and
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team
environment and take direction from others and have the ability/desire to lead tasks.
• Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel.
PE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
PE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities upon request. If you cannot fill out this application, please call 314-531-0060.
PE has a Drug-Free Workplace Policy and requires all job applicants to take a drug test prior to
hire. An applicant who fails the drug test will not be hired.